I have had a few requests for what this bedhead cost to make. Well i probably should have put this in my original post now shouldn't i!!
Originally i thought that we would just wait until we had saved the money and take the plunge and order it, but after spending lots of money on our landscaping, plants, grass, new lounge and interior bits and pieces it seemed a bit much too spend on the bed.
Upholstery Material (Spotlight) $60 (3m) probably get away with 2m
Buttons Covered by Upholsterer $25 (50 buttons)
MDF board (Bunnings) pre cut $40 (includes precut board for footstool)
Foam (Clark Rubber) $90 (2 inch pre cut)
Batting (Clark Rubber) 2 layers $40 (2m each layer - includes footstool)
Curtain Cording (Spotlight) - $0.39/m $8 (20m)
Steel Legs (OneSteel) $40
- grab some fabric on sale that is not upholstery material or why not buy a curtain that is on sale in a nice fabric?? these will usually be long enough...
- pick up off cuts of foam & piece them together on the MDF board
- grab some linen or cotton fabric instead of upholstery fabric and you might be able to cover your own buttons
- buy a cheap quilt from target, big w, woolies, coles or reject shop and use that as your batting
- fix it to the wall instead of on legs like we did
- make a plain bedhead rather than with the deep buttoning
so there you go, hope this helps those you are wanting to give this DIY a go, am happy to answer any other questions so just leave me a comment
hope you had a great weekend